Are you having a hard time finding the best AR scope for under 500? You are in the right place. In today’s post, we will share the important features of the top-recommended options to help you narrow down your search.
Read on, as we will also share some of the important factors you need to consider when buying an affordable scope for your AR rifle. The main aim of this buying guide is to help you make a well-informed purchase.
The AR rifle is ideal for a wide range of shooting applications like target shooting, hunting, and tactical shooting applications.
Most enthusiasts recommend this rifle because it is lightweight, low in recoil, powerful, and very customizable.
The AR-15 allows you to hit targets that are 150 yards away without an optic.
If you pair it with the best scope, you can easily hit targets up to 600 yards and over.
The only problem is finding a sight that will deliver value for the money you spend.
This is because there are many scopes available in the market today. Each scope comes with its own set of features and benefits, making it hard to select one.
This is why we created this guide to help you narrow down your search.
We consulted avid enthusiasts and checked other top recommended reviews to help you find a scope that suits your shooting requirements.
Best AR Scope for Under 500
By the end of this buying guide, we are sure that you will find a scope that delivers value for the money. It is important to note that we have only included the options that are loaded with impressive features to improve your shooting game.
They are fitted with high-quality glass to provide you with clear images across all magnification levels. In addition, they are compatible with AR-platform rifles.
Let us get right into it.
1) Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24mm Riflescope – Overall Best AR Scope for Under 500
The Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24 is the best LVPO for the AR platform. It is constructed from durable materials. This ensures that it can withstand powerful recoil and impact.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the BDC reticle. It features 11 different settings, which allows you to use your rifle effectively in any lighting situation.
The scope features a magnification of 1-6x, allowing you to accurately hit targets that are 300 to 500 yards. There is almost no distortion when you set it at the lowest magnification.
The reticle runs off a single battery and can last up to 150 hours at the maximum setting. It is also very easy to make adjustments depending on your shooting environment.
The rugged construction also ensures it lasts for a long time even after repeated use. You can use it even in the harshest climatic conditions because it is designed to be waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof.
2) Bushnell Optics 1-4x24mm, FFP Illuminated BTR-1 BDC Riflescope – Best Value
The Bushnell Optics 1-4x24mm is the best 1-4x scope for the AR platform. It is designed for short-range shooting applications where fast target acquisition is needed.
The lenses are fully multi-coated to offer maximum brightness. The O-ring seals ensure that the scope is protected from dust and moisture.
The single piece is constructed from tough aluminum alloy with an anodized finish. The scope is also nitrogen argon purges to get rid of internal moisture. This ensures that you can use the scope in a wide range of temperatures.
Most enthusiasts recommend this scope because it is fitted with high-quality glass to ensure you always have clear vision across the entire visual spectrum.
3) Athlon Argos BTR 6-24×50 – Best Illuminated Long Range Scope
If you are searching for a long-range scope for your AR rifle, the Athlon Argos BTR 6-24×50 is a solid choice for you. It is designed to hit targets beyond 1000-yards.
The scope is fitted with clear glass to provide you with clear vision across all the magnification levels. The lenses are coated to protect them from dirt, grease, water, and any other foreign material.
It is important to note that this scope is fitted on the first focal plane. The reticle is also illuminated, allowing you to use your rifle effectively in almost any lighting condition. This makes it ideal for hunting applications that take place at dusk or dawn.
In addition, the 0.5 mil hashmark of this scope will make it easy to aim targets, even if you are a beginner.
The other exceptional feature of this scope is the weatherproof construction. You can also use this rifle in a wide range of temperatures.
4) Vortex Crossfire II 6-18X44 AO Rifle Scope
The Vortex Crossfire II 6-18X44 AO Rifle Scope is another excellent long-range scope ideal for the AR rifle. Most enthusiasts recommend this scope for hunting or tactical shooting applications. It will help you hone your accuracy and precision skills.
In addition, this scope features a quick focus eyepiece, which is perfect for deer hunting applications.
The durable construction of this scope ensures that it will last for a long time, the O-ring seals help to prevent moisture, debris, and dust. It is also designed to be fog proof and shockproof. This means that you can use your rifle effectively, even in the harshest climatic conditions.
This scope is affordable, but it is packed with many features to take your shooting experience to the next level. You will not make a mistake investing in this model.
We recommend this scope because it is backed by a VIP warranty.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best AR Scope for Under 500
Choosing the best AR scope for under 500 can be a daunting task especially if you are a beginner. We have shared some of the best options available today. They are ideal for close to long-range shooting applications.
In this section, we will share some of the important factors you need to keep in mind when searching for an AR scope. The main aim of this section is to help you make a satisfactory purchase.
- Durability – This is one of the most vital factors that must not be overlooked. The scope you buy should be constructed from durable materials to ensure its longevity. A sturdy construction also ensures that the scope can withstand recoil and impact.
- Versatility – If you have a large arsenal of firearms, it is important to buy a versatile scope that is ideal for both hunting and tactical shooting applications.
- Eye Relief – This is the space between the sighting tool and your eye. You need to purchase a scope with eye relief that can be adjusted based on the magnification. This helps to prevent a black eye from heavy recoil generated.
- Value – We highly recommend buying a scope that provides value for the money you spend. Take in mind that sophisticated brands could impose the quality and price of the scope. This means that the reputation of the brand plays a significant factor in this. However, if you can’t afford some of the high-end brands, you can buy a reasonably priced scope that has the same quality and features.
- Lens Coating – The best combat scope for AR-15 should be coated with a special film to reduce the amount of glare when using the scope. The coating also improves light transmission, which makes it very easy to aim at a target.
- Weatherproofing – It is important to buy a waterproof scope that can handle everything nature throws at it. You should be able to use your scope in foggy conditions.
- Reticle – It is also important to check the reticle of the scope you are buying. This is because it helps the shooter to aim at a target easily. The reticle should also be illuminated to help you use the scope effectively in low lighting situations.
- Warranty – It is advisable to buy a scope with an excellent warranty. This ensures that the scope is repaired or replaced if it has any defects. For example, Vortex scopes are backed by a VIP warranty that lasts a lifetime.
- Lens Coating – You should buy a scope with a special film to reduce the amount of glare when using the scope. The coating also improves light transmission, which makes it very easy to aim at a target.
- Objective Lens Size – We recommend buying a scope that lets in more light to produce a brighter image. This will allow you to use the scope effectively in any lighting condition.
- Magnification – It is important to buy a scope with reliable magnification depending on your shooting application. It should provide you with clear images allowing you to use it for both close-range and long-range shots.
In today’s comprehensive guide, we have shared high-quality scopes that are loaded with impressive features. They will help you to hone your precision and accuracy skills at different ranges.
As you have seen, you do not need to spend a lot of money to find a reliable scope. The scopes we have shared are ideal for a wide range of shooting applications. You will not make any mistake buying the scopes.
It is worth mentioning that we considered customer reviews and important recommendations when creating this guide. This ensures that you do not make the expensive mistake of buying a scope that is not compatible with the AR platform.
We hope that this post helped you to find the best AR scope for under 500.