Best Air Rifles for Pest Control
Do have a pest problem? Are those little animals causing havoc on your crops? If the answer to any of the questions is yes, then you need to get the best air rifles for pest control. You may also want to get an air rifle to protect wild birds and their habits or even keeping vermin at bay. Squirrels and rats can be quite a nuisance and air rifles are ideal for controlling them.
There are a number of factors you need to consider before buying an air rifle.
- Type of pest- This helps you to narrow down the type of rifle and pellet you will need.
- Licenses or permits- You need to find out whether air guns are legal or illegal in your state or country.
- Durability- Ensure you get a durable air rifle as you might store it for a long period of time before the need to use it again arises.
This guide compiles some of the best air rifles for pest control on the market to help you make an informed decision.
Here is a quick list
Best Air Rifles for Pest Control guide
The first rifle is the..
#1) Magpul X-22 Backpacker Stock for Ruger 10/22 Takedown, Flat Dark Earth
The Magpul X-22 Backpacker Stock delivers on high performance while also being convenient and efficient. It features a reinforced polymer construction that enhances the durability and strength of the rifle. The ergonomic design of the handguard ensures using this air rifle is comfortable and easy.
As one of the best air rifles for pest control, the Magpul X-22 features interchangeable standard cheek risers, a hinged compartment that can store up to 3 spare 10th magazines, and a unique locking interface that allows you to attach the barrel assembly to the stock body in case you need to transport the rifle.
This rifle is lightweight which means you can get as many pests or vermin as possible while you shoot.
- Storage compartments.
- A distinctive looking interface.
- The texture polymer is reinforced.
- Ergonomic handguard design.
- Interchangeable standard cheek risers.
- Weight: 18.25 oz
- Length of pull: 13.75″
- Width of Forend: 1.625″
- Width of Butt: 1.5″
- Butt-pad Dimensions: 1.53×5.0
- Width of Stock: 1.625″
#2) DPMS Full Auto SBR CO2-Powered BB Air Rifle with Dual Action Capability
As one of the best air rifles for pest control, The DPMS Full Auto helps you stay on target by having an adjustable rear sight and a removable pop-sight. A thumb-selector ensures safe and proper handling of the air rifle. It is fitted with an adjustable stock that can be adjusted to six different positions making the DPMS easy to shoulder and handle.
Additionally, this rifle can fire up to 1400 rounds per minute with speeds of up to 430 fps. A quad rail offers limitless mounting of flashlights, lasers, and other accessories you might need. What’s more, this rifle comes with a dual-action feature that allows you to choose between full or semi-auto action.
This is a very powerful rifle for killing squirrels and rats.
- An angled foregrip
- An adjustable stock
- Can fire up to 1400 rounds per minute
- A distinctive cap and muzzle.
- 25 round drop out magazine
- AR compatible pistol grip
- Muzzle velocity: up to 430 fps
- Power plant: CO2
- Mounting rail: Picatinny
- Length: 25.6″
- Weight: 6.21Lbs
- Caliber: BB
- Barrel: steel
- Rear sight: Folding BUIS
- Front sight: folding BUIS
- Barrel type: smooth bore
With an ergonomic stock design, The Umarex Ruger Targis is one of the best air rifles for pest control. The stock has checkered rubber inserts that ensure your grip is safe and secure regardless of the weather. What’s more, this rifle comes with a rubber recoil butt that absorbs recoil.
The Umarex Ruger Targis comes with an impressive 3-9x32mm scope that has an adjustable objective. It is fitted with the exclusive integral Nucleus Rail platform that is engineered to minimize scope vibration and movement. This feature, combined with the rubber recoil feature ensures the durability of the scope as well as the overall durability of the air rifle.
A 5-chamber silence air sound dampener makes this one of the best rifles for pest control for two reasons. One, it is fixed permanently to the air rifle to minimize downrange noise and the second reason is, this sound dampener maximizes stealth so you can easily pounce on the rats you want to ethically eliminate. The cherry on top is the TNT power system that ensures reliable power after every shot.
- A 5-chamber silenceAir sound dampener
- A rubber recoil pad
- A 3-9X32mm adjustable objective
- Ergonomic stock design
- A checkered rubber inserts for a sure grip.
- TNT (Turbo Nitrogen Technology) for consistent power
- A nucleus rail for scope mounting
- Caliber: .177
- Muzzle velocity: up to 1200 fps
- Ammo type: Pellets
- Power: Spring piston
#4) Gamo 611006325554 Whisper Fusion Mach 1
The all-powerful, accurate Gamo Whisper Fusion is one of the best air rifles for pest control for its premium features and its ability to maximize stealth. This is made possible by the Whisper Fusion Technology which is a noise reduction technology fully owned by Gamo. A Customer Action Trigger (CAT) ensures you can adjust the trigger to your preference.
This air rifle includes a 3-9×40 scope which a recoil-reducing rail. The rail absorbs the recoil of the rifle hence maximizing the scope’s durability. The IGT MACH 1 gas piston is responsible for this rifle’s less vibration, higher muzzle velocity, and smoother cocking. A synthetic ambidextrous stock makes using this rifle very comfortable.
- A Custom Action Trigger
- 22 Cal pellet single cocking break barrel
- A 3-9x40mm scope with a recoil-reducing rail
- Automatic cocking safety system
- Whisper fusion technology for noise reduction
- IGT MACH 1 gas piston for less vibration, higher muzzle velocity, increased speed and accuracy
- A shock wave absorber recoil pad
- A single cocking break barrel
- Fully adjustable fiber optic rear sight
- Fixed fiber optic front sight
- Recoil pad: Shock Wave Absorber
- Length pull: 14.2 “
- Weight: 6.61lbs
- Barrel length: 20.5″
- Caliber: 0.22 or .177
- Power plant: IGT Mach gas piston
#5) Raptor Whisper Air Rifle
The Raptor Whisper Air Rifle is another masterpiece from Gamo that delivers on performance and accuracy while still being reasonably priced. It features the Inert Gas Technology that is responsible for lessening vibration, consistent power, and delivering high muzzle velocity. It also delivers on smoother cocking and shooting and speed and precision are increased.
This being a Gamo rifle, it is fitted with the whisper noise reduction technology that minimizes noise and a Smooth Action Trigger (SAT) that increases accuracy. The stock is ambidextrous meaning both left and right-handed people can comfortably use it. A 4x32mm shockproof scope is also included.
Additionally, a Shock Wave Absorber helps in absorbing the recoil adding to the durability of this air rifle.
- Inert Gas Technology gas piston
- Whisper noise technology
- A 4×32 scope
- A single cocking break barrel
- A synthetic all-weather stock
- Ambidextrous stock
- A Shock Wave Absorber Recoil pad]
- Trigger: Two-stage trigger
- Barrel: Filtered polymer jacketed rifled steel barrel
- Barrel length: 19.1″
- Weight: 5.64 lbs
- Trigger pull: 3.53 lbs
- Length: 44.5″
- Caliber: .177 and .22
- Length of pull: 14.4″
#5) Magnum Air Rifle
As one of the best air rifles for pest control, the Magnum Air Rifle delivers accuracy with high knock-down power for ultimate power and penetration. It delivers a muzzle velocity of up to 1300 fps and is also fitted with the IGT Mach 1 system. This system is responsible for lessening vibration, increasing muzzle velocity, consistent power, and increased accuracy.
Featuring a thumbhole black stock with rubberized grips, handling this rifle has never been this easy. What’s more, the stock is all-weather, meaning you can use the rifle in all weather conditions. A 3-9×40 scope with an adjustable objective is also included. A recoil Reducing Rail absorbs recoil which ensures the scope lasts longer.
This rifle is highly recommended for hunting those nuisance pests such as squirrels and rats.
- IGT Mach 1 technology
- Shock Wave Absorber
- A 3-9X40mm Adjustable Objective scope
- Custom Action Trigger that lets you customize your trigger
- A textured all-weather synthetic stock that is non-slip
- Velocity: .22 (1300 fps), 177 (1750fps)
- Caliber: .22, 177
- Length: 49.2″
- Barrel length: 21.3″
- Cocking Effort: 41 lbs
- Weight:6.88 lbs
#6) Benjamin Marauder Synthetic Stock PCP-Powered Multi-Shot Bolt-Action Pellet Hunting Air Rifle
- Built-in air pressure gauge
- Raised Aluminum breech
- 10-shot repeater with auto-indexing feature
- 10mm Dovetail accessory rail
- A Choked barrel
- A built-in pressure gauge
- Two-stage adjustable match trigger
#7) Umarex Ruger Targis Hunter Max .22 Pellet Rifle, Black
As one of the best air rifles for pest control, the Umarex Ruger Targis Hunter is constructed with durable, all-weather material that is meant to withstand all weather conditions. It comes with checkered rubber grip inserts that ensure a safe and sure grip. It also features an ergonomic stock design. The stock also has a rubber buttpad that is comfortable and sling studs.
This air rifle comes with a 3-9X32 scope that increases your accuracy. Additionally, it is fitted with a silencer dampener and it can fire at a muzzle velocity of up to 800 fps. A gas piston in this rifle ensures smooth and accurate shooting.
- Shoots .22 caliber pellets
- Includes a 3-9×32 scope
- A muzzle velocity of up to 800 fps
- Includes a SilenceAir noise dampener
- Ergonomic all-weather body and stock
- Fixed front sight and adjustable rear sight
- Barrel length: 14.0″
- Weight: 7.5lbs
- Caliber: .22
- Muzzle Velocity: up to 800 fps
- Scope: 3-9X32
#8) Gamo 6110017154 Varmint Air Rifle
Ideal for pest control, varmint hunting, and even target shooting, the Gamo Varmint Air Rifle is an all-rounded air rifle with multiple uses. It is fitted with an all-weather synthetic stock with texturing that provides a non-slip effect. It fires a .177 PBA platinum alloy pellet with a 1250 fps muzzle velocity.
As one of the best air rifles for pest control, it comes with a 4X32mm scope that enhances your accuracy allowing you to see those little pests that are sometimes too small to be clearly seen. Featuring a cheek pad that helps in aligning your eye with the scope and a rubber recoil pad that absorbs recoil this air rifle is really great for pest control. It also comes with a spring-powered system, automatic manual safety, and a break barrel.
- An ambidextrous stock
- .177 caliber pellets
- A break barrel
- Spring Powered
- Includes a 4×32 scope
- Cocking Effort: 30 lbs.
- Weight: 5.47 pounds
- Barrel Length: 17.8″
- Trigger Pull: 3.53 lbs
- Trigger Len: 14.2″
- Total Length: 43.3″
#9) Bear River TPR 1300 Suppressed Hunting Air Rifle – .177 Airgun – Pellet Gun
The Bear River TPR is an ideal air rifle for hunting small game and pest control. It is fitted with a high powered break barrel action that enhances consistency and accuracy even at long range. This rifle comes with a suppressor that ensures the noise produced is low so you can hunt pests quietly.
Additionally, a 4×32 scope with covers is included. This helps you spot those little pests that you might otherwise miss if you didn’t have a scope. The spring piston technology ensures an increase in power and consistency. A 6 inch picatinny rail gives you the freedom to mount any accessories you want.
- Spring piston technology
- A High powered break barrel
- Rifled steel barrel
- Includes a silencer
- Gunpower type: Spring-piston
- Scope: 4×32
- Caliber: .177
- Muzzle velocity: up to 1300 fps
Advantages of the Best Air Rifles for Pest Control
- Effective for hunting
- In comparison to rimfires, air rifles don’t need huge spaces to shoot from
- Cost friendly
- Most of them are quiet due to noise dampening technology
Best Air Rifles for Pest Control FAQs
- What is the best Air rifle for a beginner?
This depends on what the beginner wants to do with the air rifle but the Gamo Whisper gas piston is recommended as it is an all-round air rifle.
- What pellet should I use for pest control?
Most shooters recommend hollow point pellets. Although if your target is close, any pellet can work.
- How far will an airgun shoot?
This question does not have a specific answer as it depends on a lot of factors like type of pellets used or even type of air gun.
- Can you dry-fire an airgun?
This is not recommended.
The best air rifles for pest control make pest control feel easy and fun. We hope this guide helps you settle on the best air rifle you possibly can.