If you are searching for the best scope for Winchester Model 190, we’ve got you covered. In today’s post, we will review some of the top-recommended options available in the market today. The main aim of this post is to provide you with all the information you need to make a well-informed purchase.
It is important to first define your shooting requirements to make the selection process easy. However, we will share some of the important factors you need to consider when searching for a Winchester Model 190 scope.
The Winchester model 190 is a semi-automatic .22LR rifle. This vintage rimfire rifle has been on the market for a long time.
This rifle is ideal for a wide range of shooting applications like hunting and target shooting. It is very easy to use and reload when you are hunting.
If you want to improve your shooting experience with this vintage rifle, it is important to combine this rifle with the best scope. The only problem is finding a reliable model that will deliver value for the money. This is why we created this guide to help you.
Best Scope For Winchester Model 190
By the end of this post, we are sure that you will find the best scope for Winchester Model 190. As you will quickly find out, there are many options available in the market today. Each model comes with its own set of features and benefits to take your shooting game to the next level.
We have only included the options that have been fitted with high-quality glass to improve your vision. In addition, they are all compatible with the Winchester Model 190. This means that you will not make a mistake investing in any model we have shared in this guide.
Let us get right into it.
1) Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 Rimfire SFP – Best Overall
The Vortex Crossfire II 2-7×32 Rimfire is the best scope for the Winchester Model 190 scope. It is very affordable, but it is loaded with many impressive features to improve your precision and accuracy skills.
This scope features an impressive 2-7x magnification combined with a 32 mm objective lens. It is compatible with the Winchester Model 190 for hunting and target shooting applications.
You are provided with scope adjustments with capped reset turrets that are finger adjustable with MOA clicks. You can reset to zero after sighting in the scope.
In addition, it features the V-Plex MOA Reticle, which is perfect for hunting small game or tactical shooting. The 1-inch diameter tube offers a versatile blend of adjustment, size, and weight for hunting applications.
It is worth mentioning that this scope features a second focal plane reticle. This means that the reticle will stay the same size when zooming in or out. This is different from a First Focal Plane reticle that is large when zooming in and small when zooming out.
2) Bushnell Banner 3-9×40 Dusk & Dawn Circle-X Reticle – Best Value
The Bushnell Banner 3-9×40 Dusk & Dawn Circle-X Reticle is a reliable scope that can be mounted on the Winchester Model 190. It is ideal for varmint hunting and target shooting applications. We recommend this scope for both beginners and experienced shooters.
The durable construction of this scope ensures that it lasts for a very long time, even after repeated use. The tactical design of this scope will look good on your rifle.
This scope is fitted with clear glass to provide you with the best images across all the magnification levels. It features a 3-9× magnification combined with a 40 mm objective lens to improve the image quality.
It is important to note that the reticle fitted in this scope helps to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications. This is because you can easily adjust the windage and elevation adjustments.
In addition, it is very easy to use and will deliver high-definition clarity. It also features a fast-focus eyepiece.
3) Vortex Optics Diamondback 2-7×35 Rimfire SFP
The Vortex Optics Diamondback 2-7×35 Rimfire is another second focal plane that is compatible with the Winchester Model 190. This versatile scope is ideal for shooting on 22 rimfires, shotguns, and muzzleloaders. This is why we recommend it for the Winchester Model 190.
The scope also includes proprietary coatings that increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces. This means that you can use this scope in any lighting situation.
This scope has a hard-anodized finish that is durable and provides a low-glare matte surface to help camouflage your shooting position. The 1-inch diameter tube offers a versatile blend of adjustment, size, and weight for a wide variety of shooting applications.
The other outstanding feature of this scope is the Precision-Glide Erector System which ensures the components in the zoom lens mechanism glide smoothly at all magnification ranges.
We recommend this scope because you can use it to estimate range, holdover, and check the wind drift even at the highest magnification level. This helps to eliminate the guesswork in your shooting applications.
4) Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9×40 Rimfire Scope
The Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9×40 Rimfire Scope is another solid choice for your Winchester Model 190 rifle. Most enthusiasts recommend this scope because of the durable aluminum construction. It can withstand the powerful recoil generated by rifles.
The lens is coated to protect it from scratches and dust particles. It also offers you a generous eye relief of 4.17 inches at low magnification and 3.6 inches at high magnification. This is more than enough for rimfire rifles.
The exceptional feature of this scope is the ergonomic power selector included. This feature is used for adjusting the magnification from 3x to 9x. It also features a 40 mm objective lens to improve the overall image quality.
In addition, the scope has a parallax adjustment for 60 yards. This makes it ideal for rimfire cartridges because parallax will not have too much of an effect when aiming at targets.
5) Leupold FX-I Rimfire 4x28mm Fine Duplex
If you are searching for a scope with a fixed magnification, the Leupold FX-I Rimfire 4x28mm Fine Duplex is a solid choice for you. this scope features a 4x zoom with a 28 mm objective lens to gather light. This allows you to use it even in low light conditions.
This scope comes with pre-set 60-yard parallax built into the design. This feature allows you to hit targets out to about 100 yards effectively.
The multicoated lens helps in light transmission and protects it from oil or debris. In addition, the scope features a waterproof and fog proof design. This allows you to use it in almost any climatic condition.
Most hunters recommend this scope because it has generous eye relief and is very easy to use. This will avoid any accidents that might be caused by powerful recoil.
Factors to Consider When Shopping for the Best Scope For Winchester Model 190
It is important to note that owning a rimfire rifle alone will not give you the best performance that this cartridge can provide. You need the best scope for shooting or hunting applications. This means that you should take time to research what features you need for your specific shooting application.
Here are some of the important factors you should keep in mind:
- Warranty – It is important to buy a scope with a great warranty or customer service. This can help you solve queries you may encounter when using the scope. This is very important if you want to buy an expensive scope. It ensures your scope is replaced or repaired if it suffers any damage.
- Superior light transmission – The scope you buy should have superior light transmission to offer a bright sight picture even in low lighting conditions. A good scope should provide you with extra minutes of shooting time, allowing you to hunt at dusk or dawn.
- Objective Lens – The objective lens size affects the amount of light that passes through the scope. This size further relates to the brightness of the images produced. Therefore, it is important to buy a scope with a large objective lens size that offers clear images that are color accurate. If a 40mm objective lens is not enough for your shooting application, you can buy a scope with a bigger lens. However, scopes with a large objective lens will add a considerable amount of weight.
- Durability – It is important to buy a scope that is made of high-quality materials to ensure longevity. We recommend buying a scope with proven and tested durability. In addition, it should have a waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof construction.
- Ease of use – If you are a beginner, it is important to purchase a reliable rimfire scope that is easy to use. You should not have a hard time mounting the scope on your rifle or adjusting windage and elevation knobs. It should come with mounting rings that are compatible with your rifle. In addition, it should be easy to sight in and hold zero even after continuous shots.
- Price – Another essential feature that should be considered is the price of the Scope. As a general rule, quality products always cost more than their substandard counterparts. That does not mean that all affordable products are fake. You can get scopes that cost half the price but serve the intended purpose perfectly well. Do not settle for too cheap ones since you might find yourself buying a counterfeit product. Aim for somewhere in the middle.
- Eye relief – When buying the best Winchester Model 190 scope, it is important to check on the eye relief across all the magnification levels. This is the space between the sighting tool and your eye. A scope with generous eye relief helps to prevent a black eye from heavy recoil generated from rimfire rifles.
- Weatherproof – We recommend buying a scope with weatherproof construction. This will ensure that the scope can withstand the harshest conditions.
In summary, we have reviewed 5 of the best scopes for Winchester Model 190. We have only included scopes from trusted brands. As you have seen, they are loaded with many impressive features to help you hone your precision and accuracy skills.
We have also gone a step ahead to include some of the important factors you need to consider when shopping for a Winchester Model 190 scope. These factors will help you to make a well-informed purchase.
We hope that this post provided you with all the information you needed to find the best Winchester Model 190 scope.