If you are searching for the best 3-18 scopes, you are in the right place. By the end of this comprehensive review, we are sure that you will find a reliable scope that fits your shooting requirements.
In addition, we will share some of the important factors you need to keep in mind when shopping for a 3-18x scope.
Most enthusiasts recommend 3-18x scopes for close to long-range shooting applications. These scopes provide you with enough low magnification to make close-in shots accurately. This makes it ideal for rifles chambered for both smaller and powerful rounds.
It is important to note that buying a 3-18x scope is a very challenging task especially if you have not purchased one before. This is why we created this guide to help you narrow down your search.
It is important to note that you do not need to break the bank for you to get a reliable 3-18x scope. You can buy an affordable scope that can help you improve your accuracy and precision skills.
However, some high-end scopes are loaded with additional features to improve your precision skills. We recommend buying them because they will provide you with clear images that are color accurate.
Best 3-18 Scope
The best 3-18x scope should be made of durable materials for strength and rigidity. This ensures that it lasts for a long time, even when subjected to abuse. This allows you to mount them on high-recoil rifles.
In addition, it is important to buy a scope fitted with a reliable reticle that provides the best viewing experience. We recommend buying a scope with a duplex, mil-dot, or BDC reticle.
Without wasting much time, let us look at some of the top-recommended 3-18x scopes.
1) Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44mm Rifle Scope – Best Overall
The Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18×44 is the best 3-18 scope available in the market today. It features an illuminated reticle to provide precise aiming under low conditions.
The reticle subtensions used for estimating range, holdover, and wind drift correction are very accurate. It helps to eliminate the guesswork in your shooting applications.
It is important to note that the reticle is fitted in the second focal plane. This means that the scale of the reticle maintains the same ideally sized appearance.
The shockproof construction ensures that it can withstand recoil and impact. You can use it even in the harshest climatic conditions. It is constructed from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity.
It also allows for quick re-indexing of the turret to zero after sighting
2) Zeiss Conquest V6 3-18×50 Rifle Scope – Best Premium
The Zeiss Conquest V6 3-18×50 is a high-end riflescope that is made from durable aircraft-grade aluminum. It is a great scope for anyone looking for a lifetime investment. It is expensive, but it is loaded with premium features to improve your shooting experience.
This scope includes Zeiss’s trademark LotuTec and T* coatings. They provide excellent light transmission and shelter the scope at the same time.
It features a 50mm objective lens and a 30mm central tube to offer you the best clarity. The 3-18x magnification for target focusing regardless of the distance of your preferred object.
You can use this scope in any weather because it is argon purged with nitrogen gas. This ensures that it is fogproof. It is very easy to use and includes innovative ballistic turrets that allow you to make the necessary changes.
It also comes with a side parallax knob
3) Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x50mm Riflescope
The Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x50mm Riflescope is another excellent 3-18x scope that features an illuminated reticle. This means that you can use it in any lighting condition.
This scope helps you eliminate any guesswork because it quickly estimates the target’s distance. In addition, it comes with an ergonomic reticle with a well-differentiated crosshair to provide you with the best image quality even at high magnification levels.
It is worth mentioning that the central multicoated lens provides you with excellent light transmission. This helps to reduce eyestrain, allowing you to aim precisely.
The other unique feature is the Twilight Max light management system. It offers crisp images in any lighting situation. This makes it a great scope for hunting.
4) Primary Arms SLX 3-18x50mm FFP Rifle Scope
If you are in the market for an affordable 3-18x scope, the Primary Arms SLX 3-18x50mm FFP Rifle Scope is a solid choice for you. It is a first focal plane reticle scope that is available for under $00 dollars.
It is worth mentioning that this scope has a good reticle illumination. This scope comes with 6 brightness settings that you can use depending on the lighting conditions. It also has good reticle illumination.
Most deer hunters recommend this scope because of its rugged durability. It is made from high-quality materials to ensure it lasts for a long time. It is fogproof, waterproof, and shockproof.
This scope is very easy to use, making it a great choice for beginners.
5) MEOPTA Optika6 3-18×56 30mm SFP Hunting Riflescope
The last scope on our list today is the MEOPTA Optika6 3-18×56. It is ideal for avid hunters who are looking for a scope to improve their accuracy and precision skills.
The 3-18x magnification is ideal for close to long-range shooting applications. It also comes with a large 56mm objective lens that let in maximum brightness to enhance the image quality. This allows you to use the scope to hunt at dusk or dawn.
It is important to note that this scope is fitted with high-quality glass to provide you with crisp vision across all magnification levels. The lenses are coated to protect them from scratches.
We recommend this scope because of its numerous reticle configurations. It is important to select a reticle that fits your shooting requirements.
Factors to Consider When Shopping for the Best 3 18 Scope
Here are the important features you need to keep in mind:
- Rugged durability – We highly recommend buying a scope constructed from high-quality materials to ensure it lasts for a long time. We recommend buying a scope with proven and tested durability. It should have a waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof construction.
- Objective Lens – It is important to note that the objective lens size affects the amount of light that passes through the scope. This further relates to the brightness of the images produced. Therefore, we recommend buying a scope with a large objective lens size that offers clear images that are color accurate. If a 40mm objective lens is not enough for your shooting application, you can buy a scope with a bigger lens. However, they will add a considerable amount of weight.
- Eye relief – This is the space between the sighting tool and your eye. You need to purchase a scope with eye relief that can be adjusted based on the magnification. This helps to prevent a black eye from heavy recoil generated.
- Superior light transmission – It is important to buy a scope with superior light transmission to offer a bright sight picture even in low lighting conditions. A good scope should provide you with extra minutes of shooting time, allowing you to hunt at dusk or dawn.
- Warranty – We highly recommend buying a scope with a great warranty or customer service. This can help you solve queries you may encounter when using the scope. This is very important if you want to buy an expensive scope.
- Price – We recommend buying a scope that fits within your budget. However, it is worth mentioning that lower-priced scopes do not have premium features. If you want to take your shooting skills to the next level, it is important to buy a scope with premium features. The price should not be an issue if the scope fits your shooting requirements.
- Fully Multi-Coated Lens – It is important to buy a scope that comes with fully multi-coated lenses that offer better clarity for maximum accuracy. This is very important in many long-range shooting applications.
- Ease of use – If you are a beginner, it is important to find a reliable scope that is easy to use. You should not have a hard time mounting the scope on your rifle. It should come with mounting rings that are compatible with your rifle. In addition, it should be easy to sight in and hold zero even after continuous shots. Finally, it should also be easy to adjust windage and elevation to eliminate any guesswork in your shooting applications.
- Weatherproofing – We recommend purchasing a waterproof scope that can handle everything nature throws at it. You should be able to use your scope in rainy, cold, and foggy conditions.
- Best Bushnell Scope For Muzzleloader
- Best Rimfire Scope for 200 Yards
- What Range Are Red Dots Good For?
It is important to note that the scopes listed in this guide scopes will help you improve your shooting experience significantly. This is because they are fitted with superior quality glass to provide the best images across all magnification levels.
In addition, they are made from durable materials to ensure they last for a long time. They can also withstand recoil and impact.
We hope that this post helped you to find the best 3-18x scope.